Collection of Personal Information
In carrying on our business and managing, advising and representing owners corporations and the like, we collect personal information that may identify you and that may include information or opinions about you from third parties.
If you do not give us the information we ask for, it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you and the entities we manage. In particular, without correct information required by strata management legislation your voting rights might be lost and you might be financially disadvantaged if your levies are not paid on time.
Use and Disclosure
We use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and related purposes including, for example:
- Providing our services to you and the entities we manage;
- Managing our relationships with you and the entities we manage or might manage;
- Marketing our services including informing you and others about news, events, products and services that may interest you or them;
- Assisting our internal business operations, for example managing conflicts of interests, conducting research, surveys and seeking your feedback;
- As part of actual or proposed sales and acquisitions of businesses or entering into alliances, franchises, arrangements, joint ventures and referred agreements;
- Any other business related purpose.
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and other purposes including, for example:
- As required by owners corporation (including to persons authorised to search the records of the entities we manage) or other legislation including the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To our external service providers so they can assist with the operation of our business (for example, software and internet providers, copying and mail houses, storage facilities, security companies and locksmiths, insurers, auditors and lawyers) some or all of which may be located overseas;
- To our business affiliates for the purpose of offering you new products and other services that we think add value to the services we offer and our relationships;
- Within our group of companies and businesses.
We may store, process or backup your personal information on servers that are located overseas (including through third party providers).
We take reasonable steps to protect all information that we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure where the personal information is in our hands. However, where we disclose information as required by law or as contemplated by this policy, we are not responsible for the way that information may be used by other parties. In the case of information we hold in electronic form, we store this information in secure premises and in databases requiring logins and passwords.
Access and Correction
You may request access to, and correction of the personal information we hold about you.
We may refuse access or correction if permitted or obliged by law. We might for example refuse correction of information containing opinions of third parties because the information is owned by a third party (for example an entity we manage) and we are not permitted by it or the law to correct the information as requested.
Contact and Complaints
You can contact us about this policy, including making a complaint, using this email address email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer you complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.